American Express Careers
Director-Operations- Global Fraud and New Accounts
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The incumbent will be responsible for leading the Commercial New Accounts Operations at the Gurgaon Campus hub.
This spans commercial new accounts and client set ups across 8 markets - Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, ICC, Netherlands, & the US.
The position is accountable to effectively lead the production / servicing operations.
Principal responsibilities include:
• Lead, coach and develop Team Leaders/Managers.
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with GCP business leaders across the markets serviced.
· Be a key member of Global implementations which encompass senior GCP-Fraud-Risk-Compliance leaders.
• Ensure appropriate operational controls are in place and maintained on an ongoing basis
• Ensure that daily volumes are worked in a timely manner, in full compliance with risk – compliance – fraud policies.
• Quickly identify negative trends in operational indicators and implement effective corrective measures with a sense of urgency.
• Effectively manage operational issues, concerns, negotiations, performance results and relationships.
• Achieve high levels of employee engagement and motivation
• Understand drivers of customer experience, and collaborate with GCP Business Leaders, Risk-Fraud-Compliance leaders, & technology / platform development leaders on large Commercial initiatives like GCAP-C.
· This role may be subject to additional background verification checks
• Graduate with relevant experience in service industry. Exposure to Amex Commercial operations and within that an understanding of Commercial New Accounts & Client Set Ups is a value add.
• Prior Demonstrated Ability to work with senior Business Leaders in the Commercial / Sales arena.
• A demonstrated ability to work with multi market stakeholders with delivery ranging across multiple time zones in a 24 X 7 ( Mon – Fri ) manner.
• Sound Knowledge of Workforce Management Process & Methodologies.
• A good grasp of working on manual workflow based processes.
• Experience in Coaching & Development of Large Teams.
• Good Working Interpersonal and Negotiation Skills Ability to effectively influence various levels of management in Lines of Business and Staff Groups
• Excellent Communication & Relationship Skills.
• Ability to Demonstrate Flexibility and Resilience In The Face Of Changing Business Requirement.
• Result Oriented Ability to drive change in a highly consensus driven culture.
• Strong team and thought leadership and the ability to innovate.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time