American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Workforce Team Leader
The Global Optimization & Call Management (GOCM) Team’s vision is to be “A World Class, Global, Short-Term Planning & Real-Time Management Team enabling Relationship Care® through Resource Optimization & Abandon Rate Consistency”. As a member of the GOCM team you will work with local leadership and team members as part of the Global Center of Excellence supporting the Global Service Network (GSN).
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES TO BUILD A CAREER HERE? HERE’S WHAT WE’LL ACHIEVE WITH YOU:
- Lead a team focused on executing the Short-Term Planning & Real-Time Management strategy for the center.
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and partnership with multiple functional teams including Contact Center Leadership, CCM, MIS, Technology, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Learning, Engineering, Global Business Integration (GBI), various Centers of Excellence and the other Planning communities across the globe.
- Measure success by contributing to Voice of the Customer survey results, on target delivery of Operational Excellence metrics (e.g. Customer Handling Time), Forecast Accuracy, Schedule & Operational Effectiveness, Abandon Rate Consistency, Availability/Shrinkage Optimisation and customer satisfaction targets both internal to GOCM and external for our customers & merchants and Employee Engagement measures based on feedback from within the team.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of GOCM Analysts to exceed set goals; this includes conducting mid-year/year-end performance appraisals with direct reports
- Ensure all GOCM Analysts have realistic, achievable goals and actionable development plans
- Monitor and evaluate the skills of the GOCM Analysts in order to effectively manage ongoing recruitment and development of existing team members
- Lead Call Center Management initiatives (e.g. delivering workshops, training and ongoing organizational education).
- Manage various ancillary, local site support services including but not limited to systems support, project support, Payroll, Pay for Performance & incentive administration & consultancy
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 5 years direct Contact Center Planning experience (preferably covering all aspects of the planning cycle)
- At least 2 years of people management experience of planning functions in a large, multi-site/multi-media call center environment
- At least 5 years of experience using Workforce Management tools (preferably Aspect eWFM, Empower, WorkFlex) with proficiency in scheduling, forecasting, shrinkage data, live IDPs, report exporting and manipulation (preferred)
- ACD experience (preferably Avaya CMS) with proficiency in manual skill changes, agent reports, agent traces, live call flows (preferred)
- Proven experience of coaching and building knowledge around call center management principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in local market language and English
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs required
- Ability to work under pressure; able to manage multiple tasks and changing demands with minimum supervision
- Highly numerate with strength in accuracy & attention to detail in a high output & speed environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills – demonstrating thought leadership
- Experience presenting plans to stakeholders such as Operations Leaders and discussing drivers of Contact Center performance
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Project
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and nurture shared ownership in process/project and business goals
- Ability to explain key call center planning principles: The Power of One, Economies of Scale, Dynamics of abandoned calls, Laws of Diminishing Returns, Shrinkage factors, Call arrival patterns e.g. Day of week factors, bank holiday impacts and seasonality.
- Ability to explain the drivers of “net staffing”, their current tracking, calculating their forecasted trends
- Knowledge of how to influence the drivers of “net staffing” and which levers to pull and when in a real time environment
HERE ARE SOME PERKS TO EXCITE YOU!
- Direct working relation with local and global stakeholders
- Opportunity to work in a culture of high level of independence, as well as team work
- Career development – we nurture extraordinary talent & enable growth
- Culture of recognition – praise, rewards and celebration!
- Annual variable bonus on top of the annual merit increase (based on your performance)
- HMO coverage for you and ALL your qualified dependents on Day 1
- Life Insurance and Critical Illness benefit (over and above HMO)
- Retirement Benefit – grow with us!
- Attractive leave options, fun and exciting on-site facilities (fitness studio, gym with instructor, mother’s room and our famous Karaoke room!)
Our service operates over a 24/7 environment and we are hiring for various shifts - may have to work primarily during night shift including weekends and holidays.
Want to know more? Feel free to reach out to our Recruitment Specialist, Myke Angeline Libertino at email@example.com and she will be sure to get back to you within 24-48 hours.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time