American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Italy North West and Sicily Field Sales Manager & Team Leader
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more. We are committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
American Express Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is the Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast growing business.
Within our Commercial Organization, we are looking for 1 independent, self-motivated, and experienced Field Sales Manager & Team Leader responsible for growing our customer base.
This position will be responsible for driving business growth by acquiring new Commercial Client and expanding business in the North west Italy and Sicily.
He/She will be responsible for targeting, managing and addressing opportunities to expand and grow T&E and non T&E charge volume.
- Leading a Team of Sales specialist in order to expand TE and non TE charge volume
- Identify and maximize new business opportunities within the Italian Mid-Market both with prospective clients and the existing portfolio of SME customers in order to achieve assigned target;
- Identify and acquire new business opportunities
- Lead generation through Partners to facilitate prospect introduction;
- Consistently manage and produce accurate sales forecast and pipeline using Salesforce;
- Manage multiple complex sales cycles;
- Meet required sales activities including presentations, proposals, and sales quotas;
- Able to work with internal stakeholder (credit, risk, legal, compliance, pricing) and ability to navigate through complexity;
- Work side by side with B2B team in order to define a common strategy to expand B2B portfolio.
- Developing specific partnership/channels in order to build a sustainable pipeline: Associations, Professional, Banks, Factoring companies, etc
- Coaching and Training the sales teams
- Joint client visits with sales specialist
- Collaborating with acquisition marketing in order to define activities in the T&E and B2B arena (marketing campaigns, communication, mailing, events)
- MI activities on local, national and international trends
- Representing Amex at industry events, forums, round tables dedicated to T&E or B2B solutions
- Attend sales meetings and maintain up to date records on all sales activities
- Be responsible for solving ad-hoc and ongoing commercial issues
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- University degree
- Minimum 5 years experience in sales and/or relationship management in the B2B environment;
- Extensive cold calling and pipeline management experience
- Strategic and consultative selling skills with strong negotiation abilities; able to handle complex and strategic negotiations;
- Ability to work independently and under time pressure;
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills
- Understanding/experience in the areas of Business Travel
- Understanding/experience in the areas of Cash Flow, Factoring, Risk, Financial Supply chain
- Solid finance acumen with the ability to use financial models to support sales arguments and work with the finance team to prepare P&L/ Cost-Benefit analysis
- Ability to work with colleagues, internal departments and business units locally and across Europe
- Will to travel and available to work with extended hours;
- Fluency in Italian and English, spoken and written;
- Proven knowledge of PC software (Word, Excel, Power Point).
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world – including Great Place to Work Italia’s Best Workplace amongst Large Companies and Best Workplace for Millennials awards in 2017. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
We welcome applications from candidates with Protected Category status. If you require any assistance with the completion of this process - or need any reasonable adjustments to be made - then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time