American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Campus Undergraduate – 2018 Aviation Maintenance Summer Internship
- Supporting the Vice President of Maintenance in aircraft inventory management, procurement of materials and quality management
- Assuring compliance with the Flight Operations Manual (FOM) and all applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs)
- Assists in the computerized tracking of maintenance events
- Provides technical trouble-shooting
- Monitors vendor quality practices
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s Degree program in Aviation Management or Aviation Science with a graduation date by June 2019
- Valid driver’s license required and the ability to obtain an airport access SIDA badge
- Ability to obtain Airframe & Power-plant License
- Experience operating mechanized equipment
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Familiar with Safety Management Systems and Risk Assessment Applications
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite tools
- Excellent organization skills, detail-oriented
- Well-developed interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your
patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time