American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer -Datawarehousing/ETL ( Informatica)
Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team driving execution on a multi-year HR data strategy that will leverage state of the art technologies/capabilities such as Predictive Analytics, Data Visualization, IoT, Chat-Bots, Machine Learning, and API’s in developing solutions for the HR Data Warehouse, HR Data Services, HR Analytics and Employee Solutions Platforms.
- Serving as a core member of the HR Data Services, HR Data Warehouse & Analytics Agile delivery team that designs and develops software applications
- Develop Applications that will drive employee digital experience while increasing productivity
- Perform hands-on architecture, design, development, and testing, including conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Utilize best-of-breed technologies to build applications that will provide value
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, “can-do” attitude in a fast moving environment
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal teams
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and anticipating future challenges
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or 7+ years of equivalent work experience in related disciplines preferred
- Demonstrated hands-on expertise in design, development, and automated testing, preferably in an agile environment.
- Solid ETL Experience
- Informatica Power CenterTool Experience
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Services technologies and data structure fundamentals
- Experience conducting ETL processes on large XML, flat files and database table data sources
- Proven hands on experience with using and creating web-based RESTful APIs.
- Proven hands-on experience with object-oriented design and coding skills across a variety of platforms and languages including Java, C#, ASP.NET, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Hands-on ability to build quick prototype / visuals to assist with high level product concepts, capabilities, and epic stories
- Experience with automated release management using tools, technologies, and frameworks like Maven, Subversion, Git, Jenkins and XL Release.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Demonstrated experience on RDBMS (Oracle, MS SQL Server) and NOSQL/Big Data technologies (e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j, Cassandra, Postgresql, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with using unit testing frameworks such as Junit
- Building of applications in a cloud environment is a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time