American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Full Stack Engineer - Enterprise API Platform
Our API journey that started with three primary goals – establish a common API Platform across the Enterprise; connect the company through APIs, and enable our Partners and Merchants to engage directly with American Express through external facing APIs – has advanced significantly. There is tremendous momentum across the company with hundreds of internal and external APIs that are consumed millions of times a month.
Become part of American Express’s digital enterprise evolution by joining the American Express Technology team in creating robust API Portals for public and internal developers around the world through the creation of amazing user experiences for our developer communities. You will be part of a fast-paced Agile team building responsive solutions designed to simplify access to the Amex Platform.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Mentoring junior engineering staff
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Developing microservices using Java and deploying them on enterprise cloud
- Developing advanced web components in Angular 2 for the portal and provide an intuitive end user experience
- Capability tuning across browsers and mobile devices
- Troubleshooting issues and working with product support teams to resolve problems and perform root cause analysis
- Working closely with Product Owners in researching and prototyping new capabilities that improve the overall user experience
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of and proven background in responsive web development using technologies such as: Angular 2, Bootstrap, Java, Databases, CSS, and HTML.
- Advanced User Experience development skills in creating dynamic and engaging web components.
- Hands-on expertise with responsive web application design and development
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field preferred
- Preferred experience Angular 2, Bootstrap and Java
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative work ethics and ability to work in a team-oriented culture
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment and execute against deliverables under deadlines and competing priorities
- Highly focused, organized, and detail-oriented
- Passionate about creating great technology products and is always looking for creative & innovative solutions to meet or exceed our business partners’ needs
- Strong leadership skills & ability to collaborate across development portfolios to drive results
- Strong technical aptitude with an intense desire to learn new skills and industry trends
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and automated testing (Selenium, Junit etc.)
- Demonstrated experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, XLR, Sonar, Selenium, Chef etc.
Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time