American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Associate Counsel - Technology Transactions
General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
As a member of the Technology and Digital Law Group of the General Counsel’s Organization, the Associate Counsel will provide legal support to technology, business and legal colleagues related to structuring, negotiating and drafting a variety of software-as-a-service, licensing, hardware procurement, and IT services agreements.
Role & Responsibilities:
Collaborate with business clients across the enterprise on a variety of technology-related projects and initiatives.
- Provide legal support to American Express Technology and other business units procuring technology solutions
- Structure, negotiate and draft a variety of software-as-a-service, software licensing, hardware procurement, and IT services agreements
- Update and maintain IT agreement templates and draft associated toolkits
- Provide policy and general advice to the company on technology-related matters
Are you ready for the challenge?
- J.D. with admission to practice law in the United States; admission to the New York Bar in good standing or eligibility to do so is preferred
- 2+ years of work experience involving technology transactions in a law firm and/or in-house corporate legal environment, ideally in a “technology transactions,” “IP transactions” or equivalent practice group
- Experience drafting and negotiating a variety of software-as-a-service, software license, and IT service agreements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated experience in gaining credibility, managing expectations, and developing strong working relationships with legal colleagues and clients
- Experience working with technology or financial services companies
- Independent, capable of handling multiple assignments simultaneously
- Additional Details:
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10080
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Delivering extraordinary experiences to its customers and employees every day.
The success of American Express since its inception has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt, and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our employees, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time