You won’t just help our customers see the world, you’ll help them truly experience it.
At American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services, we pride ourselves on delivering a flawless service, as well as creating unique and exclusive experiences for our Platinum and Centurion Card Members.
Our Boutique Travel Consultants use their passion for travel to surpass Card Member expectations by designing unforgettable trips and experiences for our Premium Card Members.
They are brand ambassadors who take pride in their ability to deliver personalized vacation options utilizing our best-in-class service, exclusive programs and premium benefits – inspiring long-term relationships and loyalty along the way.
Boutique Travel Consultants customized itineraries to match the uniqueness of each Card Member. They combine their wealth of knowledge, full of choices and options with their world class customer service skills.
If you have the desire to create extraordinary vacation experiences for our valued Card Members, you are exactly who we are looking for.
Delight customers with the unforgettable and unexpected.
As an American Express Boutique Travel Consultant, you never know what your day is going to entail and what miracles you may have to conjure up. Here’s just some of what you will be doing each day from home office.
· Using your exceptional consulting skills so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to our Card Members needs
· Providing reassurance and rapport by listening to customer needs from the beginning to the end of their journey
· Creating unique travel & lifestyle experiences by expertly booking domestic and international cruises, tours, hotels, flights, and transportation arrangements
· Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
· Serving as an ‘expert’ who can provide personal insight into top travel destinations and lifestyle events which can be shared with customers and colleagues
· Networking with our destination and supplier partners which will enable you to provide extraordinary, perfectly executed, experiences
What you’ll need to make dreams come true.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the travel industry, with demonstrated ability to provide expert and consultative servicing skills
· Experience booking tour or cruises, preferably in the luxury travel space. CLIA certification preferred.
· Knowledge of travel reservation systems or point of sale tools, Sabre GDS knowledge preferred
· Superior knowledge of world geography and emerging travel destinations
· Being a life longer learner, and having the ability to listen and consult
· A flair for building long-lasting customer relationships strong listening and verbal and written communication skills
· Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and in changing circumstances
· Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
· Sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and sell relevant products and services
· A positive approach with a strong team ethic and desire to have a fun in the role is essential
· The flexibility to work shifts, including evenings and weekends
Hours of Operation (7 days/week):
Monday–Friday; 9:00am–9:00pm ET
Saturday–Sunday; 9:00am–5:30pm ET
Hours of operation are subject to change due to business need
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer.
The following are some of the requirements of the Work at Home Program. By applying for this position you are confirming and agreeing that your home will comply with the following.
· Although this position is considered Work at Home, the candidate must reside within the 48 contiguous United States, plus HI.
ACCESS TO YOUR HOME/WORK SPACE:
· You may need to provide American Express or their representative’s access to your home to conduct an audit of your work space for WAH compliance standards.
· All electrical equipment is free of recognized hazards that would cause physical harm (frayed wires, bare conductors, loose wires, flexible wires running through walls, exposed wires to the ceiling).
· Your home's electrical system will permit the grounding of electrical equipment. Use 3 wire circuit analyzer provided to test all outlets that will be used for the home office.
· Adequate room for a home office. You may need to provide specific details including size and location of room.
· American Express will install high-speed internet access and land-based telephone access at your residence, through service providers that are approved by American Express. Internet service must be DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed), with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds is required. Business class service preferred where available. High speed internet and phone lines will be dedicated lines that will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services. Applicant’s homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express technological processes.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time