American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Full Stack Engineer
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team, developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing cardmember base and attract new customers to the Amex brand. This group is nimble and creative, with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. The role will collaborate closely with Business Partners and Product Owners, Technical Architects and Leadership as a subject matter expert, to ensure completeness and efficiency of solutions while ensuring adherence to technical standards. The position will also play a critical role partnering with other development teams, testing and quality, and production support, to meet implementation dates and allow smooth transition throughout the development life-cycle.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
Our team owns the application that powers Safekey - Amex’s online real-time authentication platform that provides customers with enhanced security for their online transactions, and enables “moment of sale” benefits and features to enhance the transaction experience. This platform leverages state-of-the-art technology to provide real-time decisions on various customer journeys based on their personas – this decision engine is powered by contextual intelligence and big data capabilities.
The successful candidate will be focused on building and executing against a strategy and roadmap focused on moving the application to a highly modular, event-driven, micro services-based platform, in addition to driving business growth and building a set of features taking the capability to its next generation. The team is a highly driven, self-motivated group that has been out-innovating itself year over year.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that designs and develops software solutions for the Gravity application that powers Safekey
- As part of a flexible Agile team, writing code and unit tests, test automation, and conducting code and testing reviews
- In an ever changing and evolving tech industry, must be able to identify opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product owners and scrum masters to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
At the core of Software Engineering
- 1-3 years of software development experience, and preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Hands-on experience in implementing web applications and API services using REST
- Hands on experience in the full stack software development
- Core competencies in distributed technologies including Java, Spring/Struts, APIs (REST, SOAP), JSON, XML, Solace/MQ, JDBC, DB2/Oracle, Quartz (Scheduler), SLF4J/LOG4J, JUnit, Jenkins, Maven
- Knowledge of payments industry
- Experience with coding skills across a variety of distributed technologies
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies
- Any experience developing mobile Apps is a plus
- Any experience working with Big Data is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time