American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager / Senior Manager, Mobile Payments Program & Partner Management
The Amex Digital Labs team is responsible for originating, incubating, and growing promising ideas that set the company up for success in the 2-5 year horizon while continuing to focus on select strategic short-term digital experiences. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
The Digital Payments & Partnerships team is responsible for driving strategy, partnerships and operations to drive digital payments spend and digital engagement. This Senior Manager / Manager role will focus on program and partner management across global mobile payments partnerships, including Apple Pay, Samsung Pay & Android Pay.
- Leads program and partner management responsibilities across external partners and internal cross-functional teams, including:
- End-to-end program management for launches of new features, functionality & experiences
- Cascades relevant partner information and enterprise/ global level reviews to relevant country teams & stakeholders
- Manages Third-Party Lifecycle Management, issue and risk event management for partnerships
- Monitors ongoing performance of partnerships & analyzes business insights from usage & trends
- Manages regular partner calls & quarterly business reviews
- Negotiates and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate business alignment and resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the execution of the plan
- Guide programs through legal, compliance, controls & privacy reviews & approvals
- Pro-actively anticipates program/project risks and issues and ensures that appropriate mitigation planning is in place to avoid compromising delivery
- Contributes to continual process improvement or re-engineering activities
- Communicates with key stakeholders with regard to program strategy direction and changes
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to work with stakeholders across different functions, colleagues at all levels, and with external partners
- Exceptional skill in driving results against aggressive timelines, managing multiple priorities and executing flawlessly
- Exceptional program management skills to lead end-to-end partnership delivery across key verticals – engineering & technology, marketing, customer service, information security, etc.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment and to switch gears as required
- Ability to work with partners and across internal stakeholders to effectively manage and develop partnership
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to develop winning digital payment product and platform strategies
- Quantitative analytical skills to model customer adoption and usage, assess financial and business impact of partnerships
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior and digital trends across categories. Desire to work on dynamic, innovative and evolving initiatives in the digital, mobile and alternatives payments space
- Expertise in mobile and working with technical and product development teams is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time