American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Virtual Travel Consultant - Central Region (2nd Shift)
- Delivering “WOW” by providing innovative and extraordinary service
- Consulting with our Card Members so that you can recommend relevant products and services that are perfectly tailored to their needs
- Creating unique travel & lifestyle experiences by expertly booking domestic and international flights, cars, hotels and first-class entertainment
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of industry trends so that you can provide knowledgeable advice and sell products and services with confidence
- Knowing what your customers want before they do
- A good knowledge of travel and world geography thanks to a lengthy spell spent exploring the world OR a recent history of selling domestic and international travel
- Knowledge of travel reservation systems or point of sale tools, Native GDS knowledge preferred
- Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- A flair for building customer rapport through your ability to carefully listen and use your strong verbal and written communication skills
- Resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure or in changing circumstances
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills
- Sales experience and the consultative skills to confidently recommend and cross-sell relevant products and services
- The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends
- Although this position is considered Work at Home, the candidate must reside within the Central time zone.
- You may need to provide American Express or their representative’s access to your home to conduct an audit of your work space for WAH compliance standards.
- All electrical equipment is free of recognized hazards that would cause physical harm (frayed wires, bare conductors, loose wires, flexible wires running through walls, exposed wires to the ceiling).
- Your home's electrical system will permit the grounding of electrical equipment. Use 3 wire circuit analyzer provided to test all outlets that will be used for the home office.
- Adequate room for a home office. You may need to provide specific details including size and location of room.
- American Express will install high-speed internet access and land-based telephone access at your residence, through service providers that are approved by American Express. Internet service must be DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed), with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds is required. Business class service preferred where available. High speed internet and phone lines will be dedicated lines that will be used exclusively for business use, and will be separate from any personal phone/data services. Applicant’s homes must be compatible to work in conjunction with American Express technological processes.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time