American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Collections Specialist-Back Office (Evening Shift)
The Collections Specialist position is responsible for providing operational support those results in optimizing the performance of the Cancelled Collections portfolios. The required support is provided to external vendors and internal business partners. The position is required to complete tasks, timely and accurately which ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures, such as the IRM Policy. Completion of the tasks will also ensure compliance to external requirements, such as Sarbanes Oxley and local laws.
- Process manual work lists referral and closure according to operation guidelines.
- Process Credit balance in cancelled derogatory accounts.
- Provides accurate and timely response to Internal Amex, outside agencies inquiries, cancelled card members and Debt Purchaser via email.
- Responds to all incoming correspondence as outlined in the operation guidelines.
- Investigate, identify root of the issue, and provide recommendations of solutions and/or feedback to requesting party.
- Prepare and send Direct Debit and Paid in Full correspondence to card members as required.
- Action financial adjustments accurately within designated timeframes to the correct ledgers.
- Understand and follow the market specific (local law) requirements in each case handling.
- Understand and comply with all Sarbanes Oxley testing requirements; for example work list penetration timeliness, accelerated write accuracy and timeliness and agency invoice payment processing requirements.
- Achieve an accuracy score of 96% or greater through the Quality Assurance assessment process each month.
- Upon request, action other collections related tasks and projects as and when required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Excellent skill in pivot table, VLOOKUP and macro would be an advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Able to work on evening shift ( 4 pm-1 am)
- Able to make sound decisions effectively and promptly with minimum supervision.
- Good self-discipline, able to work to deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work across multiple cultures and commercial environments.
- Good interpersonal skills, mature and patience in handling difficult situations.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written. Additional languages such as Mandarin or Cantonese would be advantageous.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time