American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
VP - Privacy Officer - US
- Lead independent privacy risk management for American Express’ US Banks and affiliates
- Assist, advise, and guide the business in accomplishing information privacy risk management goals, including advising on best practice controls and risk mitigation strategies
- Supporting the development, coordination and implementation of American Express’ global privacy program; combining thought leadership with practical implementation realities
- Develop metrics/KRIs/KPIs to proactively monitor and identify privacy and program level risks
- Ensure the company’s privacy risk remains within appetite and tolerance levels (monitoring privacy risk thresholds and accumulation of risk across markets and lines of business)
- Escalate critical issues, emerging risks, outliers and identify shifts in the organization risk appetite
- Collaborate with the President/Chief Executive Officer of American Express’ Banks and regulated legal entities globally, and in the overall administration of the US banks
- Provide periodic updates, reports, and recommendations to Senior Management, the Board of Directors, and risk committees on various privacy risk topics
- Interface with Bank regulators to provide updates on privacy risk management activities
- Minimum five years experience in a senior privacy role required
- Experience leading highly skilled, diverse teams and to indirectly lead and motivate others to work through complexity and road-blocks to drive results; effective prioritization, flexibility and time management will be key
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills, strong learning agility, curiosity and willingness to embrace new challenges
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent relationship building skills with ability to influence across all levels of the organization
- Extensive working knowledge of privacy risk identification, assessment and management frameworks
- Experience working in a regulated environment and interfacing with regulators; knowledge of US federal financial guidelines such as FFIEC, OCC, & FDIC preferred
- Bachelor's degree in law, public policy or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Professional certification preferred (e.g. CIPP/US, CIPM)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time