American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform, CI/CD
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field with 5+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering features in small time duration.
- 5+ years as Software Engineer with application development experience with at least two programming languages ( Java, Python, Ruby, PHP,Perl)
- 2+ years of Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible etc..)
- Solid Experience with Version Control systems - ( GitHub, Svn, git stash), Continuous deployment systems ( e.g. Puppet, Ansible, CA RA, Go etc..)
- 3+ years of scripting experience ( e.g. Bash, php, python, groovy, curl, use/code RESTFUL APIs …)
- Extensive experience with Linux, preferably with RedHat/CentOS.
- Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
- Passionate about operational excellence and documentation.
- Experience using relational and noSQL databases ( Postgres, mysql, mongoldb, couch base etc…)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time