American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - Enterprise Cloud Platform, CI/CD
As a Software Engineer, you will be leading and driving the implementation of the next generation of Continuous Delivery/ Continuous Integration (CI/CD) Tool Chain Automation platform for American Express. You will be working closely with our Software Engineers, Business partners and Systems Engineers and have an opportunity to work with mulitude of tools and technologies.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field with 6+ years of Software Engineering experience.
- Experience and passion to work in a fast paced Agile environment, delivering features in small time duration.
- 5+ years as Software Engineer with application development experience with at least two programming languages ( Java, Python, Ruby, PHP,Perl)
- 2+ years of Experience with Continuous Integration and related tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible etc..)
- Solid Experience with Version Control systems - ( GitHub, Svn, git stash), Continuous deployment systems ( e.g. Puppet, Ansible, CA RA, Go etc..)
- 3+ years of scripting experience ( e.g. Bash, php, python, groovy, curl, use/code RESTFUL APIs, Microservices…)
- Extensive experience with Linux, preferably with RedHat/CentOS.
- Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in complex, distributed, multi-tier architectures.
- Passionate about operational excellence and documentation.
- Experience using relational and noSQL databases ( Postgres, mysql, mongodb, couch base etc…)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with troubleshooting and performance tuning in JVMs, Web servers.
- Experience in architectural best practices.
- Virtualization, Containerization experience, Knowledge of Docker, Vagrant, kubernettes will be helpful.
- Experience in data visualization.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams.
- Worked in SaaS/PaaS companies as DevOps engineer.
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time