American Express Careers
Senior Engineer - Architecture and Mobile & Web Engineering
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required.
· 5+ years of working experience in Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, MAPR (plus), NoSQL databases)
· Proven track record of architecting, designing and implementing data pipelines and related operations
· Big Data operations and support experience in Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and NoSQL databases
· Hands-on experience with DevOps tools, automating engineering and operational tasks such as ansible / salt stack / puppet / chef.
· Highly knowledgeable and experienced with scripting languages such as Python, etc.
· Experience with source control management such as Git
· Expertise in troubleshooting complex OS, database, file system, network configuration, and application & web server issues
· Development experience in object oriented programming languages such as Java & Scala is strongly preferred
· Must have extensive experience evangelizing DevOps best practices
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Data analysis experience is a big plus
· Willingness to participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation for escalations
· Highly collaborative, self-starter, technical contributor, outstanding communication practices
Why American Express
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time