This role will report to the Director- Compensation & Benefits and will be required to serve as a strong business partner to internal clients (spread across the world) to ensure that the C&B investment offerings, and governance of each program/plan in Japan meet AXP business objectives. This role supports implementation, communication and educational programs of all employee benefit programs. The role holder will also be required to execute our Total Rewards Value Proposition in the market
- Create and execute an innovative benefits agenda for AXP Japan
- Support and execute the implementation and communication strategy of local benefit plans
- Acts as a subject matter expert for Compensation & Benefits leaders across the world, business leaders and internal HR teams, regarding AXP program practices.
- Ensures that benefit plan operations work properly to meet legislative and regulatory requirements in all countries
- Ensures that benefit plan governance materials are fully developed for local market to ensure effective oversight
- Work closely to support local market vendor relationships
- Support the execution of local employee compensation, incentive and recognition programs
- Continuously work to improve local compensation infrastructure and processes at American Express; provide related communication and education to diverse audiences
- Support the regional annual salary review process, including merit budgets, incentive and equity allocations.
- Assist business unit HR business partners and other American Express teams with compensation needs
- Work to support all local market compensation programs to ensure that they meet the local legal and compliance requirements of the locations in which the systems exist.
- Maintain awareness of practices among competitors and of regulatory and business trends in compensation
- Support all necessary regional audits
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Legal, accounting, and regulatory know how
• Strong understanding of the components of a global/market compensation program as well as the ability to design and implement innovations within a collaborative environment
• Proven use of Project Management principles and discipline
• Highly professional with established relationship building skills
• Strong problem solving and highly developed reasoning skills
• Proven leadership skills, working closely with diverse global teams
• A minimum of 5-7 years compensation & benefits experience
• Undergraduate degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Human Resources or Accounting; Advanced degree is preferred
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time