American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager Business Development (m/f), Frankfurt am Main
To support our team we are currently looking for a Manager, Account Development (m/f) for Global Commercial Payments.
As a global leader in financial services, American Express has built its reputation on continuous innovation and forward-thinking. And since we are committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand, we always strive to deliver the best possible service to our customers all around the world.
At American Express we recognize that our most valuable asset are our people. After all, it’s our people who deliver an excellent service to our customers all around the world, and it’s our people who therefore drive our ambition to become the world’s most respected service brand.
- Full managerial responsibility of a portfolio of top strategic clients with a multimillion $ charge volume business
- Particular focus on portfolio growth and long-term account retention strategy
- Renegotiate independently global and regional account contracts & implement Pricing initiatives according latest standards / policies to close long-term contracts
- Broadening and deepening American Express senior contacts across the client’s organization with influencers, stakeholders and decision makers
- Identify client needs with AXP products and services and sell appropriate value components to create greater customer engagement
- Expand the usage of Commercial Cards into non B2B commodities, Cross-sell and expand new products within client organization
- Gain a clear understanding of our clients’ Procure–to-Pay processes and the ability to map our B2B payment vehicles into these processes
- Ensure delivery and ongoing development of account strategies and plans to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Advice and support for customers on technical and strategic issues , analysis of business processes within the value chain of customers and creation of appropriate customer development plans
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Business administration university studies or similar degree
- Track record of at least five to eight years in similar customer facing role within sales/account or business development
- A strong track record in managing complex, multinational or key account portfolios
- A solid and proven track of producing account and retention results in a team-oriented, sales development environment
- Ability to clearly articulate and communicate complex ideas, both verbally and in written form, developing written communications for a variety of senior audiences within client and American Express
- Strong negotiation skills and consultative sales skills
- Proven ability to drive innovation and change; think from client perspective
- Ability to balance Amex and client priorities to deliver results according scorecard
- Excellent understanding of client value proposition, procedures as well as of the industry and competitive environment
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- A strong understanding of Procurement and Procure-to-Pay processes is desirable
- Fluent in German and English
- Growth and Challenger Mindset
At American Express you’ll be rewarded with an excellent package and will enjoy all the competitive benefits, training and career opportunities you’d expect from such a diverse and successful international organisation.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time