American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The compliance analyst is responsible for supporting processes and oversight for all regulatory compliance related matters within the Nordics Cluster (Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Norway) for American Express products and services, including particularly relevant charge and credit card activities.
The Compliance Analyst reports to the Market Compliance Officer of the Nordics cluster.
- Support the development and embedding of appropriate and effective governance practices, controls and approval processes required at a business, legal entity and market level, to deliver and evidence regulatory compliance, especially as regards KYC and other AML related issues
- Advising the business on compliance-related matters, including but not limited to Consumer Protection, AML and CTF and the regulatory implications of new and existing products, services and processes; resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps; and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate
- Liaise with other departments as required when providing support to the business as well as when being involved in projects
- Develop and/or assists the business in the development and maintenance of compliance-related policies
- Develop and conduct customized training and communication plans to meet legal entity needs on AML and CTF training. The responsibility also includes to coordinate and log training activities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Regulatory compliance experience preferably relating to the payments services, consumer credit sector and AML/CTF
- Excellent understanding of compliance regimes, including ability to interpret AXP compliance requirements under laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of payment services systems and processes
- Strong Risk Management skills
- Strong Relationship, Communication and Influencing skills
- Good Business Acumen
- Ability to translate legislation and regulations into operational processes
- Ability to oversee projects in order to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives, to prioritise and reprioritise activities
- Ability to present to Senior Management to assist their understanding of compliance Risks associated with their business
- Graduate and/or relevant professional qualification preferred - Law or Economy degree, Compliance/AML Diploma
- CAMS Certification with a Legal/Compliance/Control/Auditing background an advantage
- Solid understanding of the requirements of the regulatory environment and the wider implications of EU financial services laws in regards the business/activity supported
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and influence at all levels
- Fluent in Swedish and English, any other Nordic languages are considered a merit
- Knowledge of Norwegian and/or Norwegian law is an advantage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time