American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - DevOps Engineer
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support design activities
- Perform all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes and writing new code / API's
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices(tools, common components, and documentation)
- Produce software builds from software source code
- Conduct integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results
- Perform unit and assembly testing of software components including the design, implementation, evaluation, and execution of unit and assembly test scripts
- Conduct code reviews and tests of automated build scripts
- Debug software components, identifies, fixes and verifies remediation of code defects (own work and the work of others)
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing production application availability
- Write instructions to guide computer operators during production runs
- Work with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and manage a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Experience deploying and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining a SOA or microservices architecture
- Willingness to learn event-driven architecture
- Exposure to high-availability and fault tolerant systems
- Intrinsic security best practices
- Willingness to contribute towards a positive developer experience
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with either Docker Swarm or Kubernetes; containerization is a plus
- Experience with RHEL/CentOS is required; diverse exposure to various Linux distros is a plus (Alpine, Debian, Ubuntu)
- Experience with Serverless/FaaS is a plus, especially OpenFaaS
- Experience deploying, managing, and tuning message brokers/queues with at least one of ActiveMQ (Artemis), HornetQ, RabbitMQ; AMQP knowledge is a plus
- Exposure to NoSQL administration; MongoDB is a plus
- Experience deploying and managing Elasticsearch; the entire ELK stack is a plus
- Experience deploying and administering Jenkins/Hudson
- Proficient capabilities writing portable scripts in shell, bash, python, etc.
- Experience with DevOps automation; Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is a plus
- Exposure to YAML, JSON, Node.js, Go, Ruby, and/or Java is a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions..
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time