American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager – Global Consumer SQP Strategic Program Management
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
As one of the central business teams within Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG), Enterprise Digital Analytics (EDA) works closely with colleagues in U.S. Consumer, Global Network and International Consumer Services, Global Consumer Lending, Enterprise Digital and across the AXP Blue-Box to drive growth, margin expansion, and marketplace differentiation for GCSG.
EDA creates central, scalable marketing solutions across core areas, to support GCSG markets and help enable them to accelerate growth. These core areas include acquisition, customer marketing, and loyalty/rewards, as well as issuing capabilities, such as point of sale technology and accounts receivable capabilities. EDA also helps ensure excellence in GCSG processes, products, capabilities, and controls through the Operational Excellence and Tech SQP (Strategic Quality Planning) Investment pillars.
The Senior Manager – Global Consumer SQP Strategic Program Management, will drive key strategic programs associated with GCSG SQP including product ownership transformation across GCSG. A key part of this role will be to create and implement a culture of agility and product ownership in partnership with business and technology teams.
The ability to think multi-year and build a GCSG wide strategy enabling us to accelerate growth, whilst reducing cost and increasing efficiency will be critical for success in this role. He/she will be instrumental in creating discipline and transparency for GCSG SQP investment, and integral to designing and implementing a standardized, agile operating model through partnerships with our Tech and business stakeholders.
Focus areas include:
- Optimize Product capacity planning, prioritization and sequencing across the enterprise.
- Create Product mapping against tech development capacity footprint.
- Support sequencing across Product/Platform teams and their prioritisation criteria (GCSG and non-GCSG products/platforms.
- Increase discipline and accountability for large strategic investments, including tracking and measuring success metrics (i.e., cost of delay, business value) for MVP development.
- Improve backlog visibility through Product Owner engagement and publication.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a growth mind-set. A highly motivated, strategic thinker with a passion for engaging with the tech world around us.
- A strong results orientation and a proven track record of collaboration and building and leveraging effective relationships.
- Experience and an indepth understanding of business finance and investment planning with proven analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously lead and drive a process for business results, as well as define a strategy and execute tactically to achieve constant improvements.
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and work environment – demonstrates flexibility and openness to changing circumstance.
- Strong business and commercial acumen to shape roadmaps with understanding of impact and to influence stakeholders with confidence.
- Experience of working in a complex multinational organisation with the ability to influence through a matrix structure.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage and influence technical and non-technical teams in a global organization.
- Project and program management experience.
- Experience in driving and leading change.
- Capable of applying critical thinking to solve problems in a structured way, and develop and/or implement solutions.
- Ability to function well in a matrixed environment and influence without direct authority.
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time