American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Commercial Risk Management (m/w), Frankfurt am Main
To support our team we are currently looking for a Manager, Commercial Risk Management (m/w), Frankfurt am Main.
Why Risk Management
Risk management decisions have a significant impact on the profitability of the business. That’s why we don’t guess, we trust the data, insight, analytics and abilities of the finest risk management team. We believe that knowing the risks is how you’ll make the right decisions for the future of our company, our customers’ companies and your career.
This is a Manager role based in Frankfurt and reporting into the Chief Credit Officer of Germany & Austria. The incumbent will be responsible for managing the Net Loss Provision by ensuring effective execution of strategies and policies for the commercial card businesses in Germany and Austria. This will require a good understanding drivers of the credit indicators for the commercial portfolio and the implications on trends/forecast and monitoring the true experience of customers in the market, diagnosing problems and identifying opportunities for improvement and then working with partners to implement.
As a key member of our Risk Management team broadly in Europe and in International, you will work closely with risk colleagues across the globe to learn and deploy best practices from other regions. You will implement risk-driven strategies to profitably grow billed business, reduce unnecessary point of sale disruptions, and improve the customer experience in close collaboration with central Risk teams that develop state of art decision science tools and risk capabilities. You will also work in close collaboration with business partners such as sales, account development, operations, compliance etc.
This is an exciting and rewarding role that offers a unique opportunity to gain experience across the risk life cycle and to interact with a wide range of business partners across all levels within the organization.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Advanced degree in business, finance, statistics, economics or mathematics or equivalent experience in similar business is preferred
- Deep understanding /experience of risk management principles
- Experience in commercial lending
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with strong thought leadership and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a dynamic, fast changing environment, with a strong attention to detail, communicate effectively and work well in a cross-functional environment
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a matrix environment
- Experience of working with one of the leading financial institutions in Europe will be preferred
- Experience in developing strategic insights leveraging data analytics will be preferred
- Fluency in English and in German is required
At American Express you’ll be rewarded with an excellent package and will enjoy all the competitive benefits, training and career opportunities you’d expect from such a diverse and successful international organisation.
Please note that you can attach up to 4 documents with a maximum of 488 kb each.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time