American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager/ Senior Manager, Blockchain Product Development
Amex Digital Labs is responsible for originating, incubating, and growing promising ideas that set the company up for success in the 2-5 year horizon while continuing to focus on select strategic short-term digital experiences. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
- Identify new opportunities for Card Members and Merchants based on the latest blockchain related technologies
- Define new product features, scope, roadmap, prioritization, and functionality
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to develop product concepts
- Lead the partnership with engineering to define user stories, guide product definition, and lead testing
- Shepherd product through development, advocating to achieve the best outcomes
- Launch and manage the product upon release to Card Members and Merchants
- Obtain feedback on the product to iterate and drive improvements
- Lead external ongoing communications with merchants and partners
- Maintain pulse on trends and developments to assess product implications
The Global Digital Payments Product team within Amex Digital Labs is looking for a seasoned Product Manager to create innovative blockchain-powered experiences. As blockchain, crypto currencies, smart contracts, and distributed ledger platforms redefine how the world interacts, Amex is focused on delivering new and unique offerings to market. The person taking this role will define product features, shape the customer experience, partner with engineering deliver requirements, and evolve the product backlog to launch entirely new products and/or platforms. The Manager / Sr. Manager will be the product evangelist and owner for both internal and external audiences - acting as the main blockchain expert with any partner product teams.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for digital, a clear focus on the customer, strong communication skills, and the ability to provide clarity and direction across teams. Key qualifications are:
- Expertise and deep understanding of latest blockchain related technologies
- Experience creating and managing blockchain based products
- Passion for great products and the ability to articulate functionality
- Hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities
- Determination to get to the best outcome for our Card Members and Merchants
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and determine how pieces of the puzzle interact and impact the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to go about getting resolution
- Able to negotiate with stakeholders and partners to remove obstacles
- Understanding of tech and product development processes, known as a business person who can speak both tech and business languages
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Passion for digital products, technology and figuring out how things work
- Excellent communication skills with ability to engage, influence and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- 3-5 years of experience in new product development, product management, or similar role
- Previous blockchain, crypto asset, distributed ledger, or other related experience a must
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time