American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, AP Automation Sales Consultant
- Prospect and Client Sales– The Sales Consultant will be a customer facing resource, that will partner with the existing sales teams on targeted accounts. They will drive the sales process for Accounts Payable Automation with a focus on moving forward negotiations and helping move prospects quickly through the sales lifecycle. This individual will seek to understand the client’s Payment and AP needs, and present a solution to automate their processes and drive savings. The Sales Consultant will travel and spend time with clients and prospects, closing and leading through the biggest AP Automation deals within the region.
- Goal Delivery- The Sales Consultant will be responsible to drive and deliver New and Incremental Booked Charge Volume. This includes both Invoice Workflow and Payment Solutions.
- Modern Payments / AP Automation knowledge preferred –
- This leader will be a highly capable in both AP Automation and payment solutions, while also exhibiting the sales & strategic thinking skills to present AP Automation Solutions to clients
- Consultative Sales capability –
- ability to converse with clients, assess needs and offer appropriate solutions in articulate manner
- Software / ERP background preferred–
- someone who can speak to the technological attributes of a software solution without having to know the extreme details of its functionality
- Demonstrating value
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with Amex , highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
- Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Results focus
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Influence & persuasion
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Account management & pipeline management
- Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/ analytics to plan and prioritize activities within large portfolios
- Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule warm account review appointments with clients
- Consultative selling
- Effectively identifies client needs with Middle Market Client Group input to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
- Market, industry, & product knowledge
- Understands at a tactical level market/ industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulations
- Possess expertise and consults on the full suite of American Express products and tools, especially AP Automation Solutions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time