American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Engineer - API Platform & B2B Gateway
- Conceptualizes creative B2B payment solutions, develops specifications and presents solutions to business and tech leadership for inclusion in IT global strategic plan.
- Perform an active, leading role in shaping and enhancing overall B2B architecture and solutions.
- Establish B2B standards and best practices in conjunction with Enterprise Architect.
- Communicate and promote adoption of practices and standards within B2B development teams.
- Design and maintain enterprise specific B2B message specifications and protocols in conjunction with Enterprise Architect.
- Evaluate emerging trends and practices with the overall B2B community for application within the Enterprise
- Collaborate with vendor product development teams and senior designers to develop requirements to influence new features within the B2B toolsets
- Establish the strategy, architecture of and enhancing the technical platforms and solutions for API related capabilities across the enterprise including Gateways, API Management & supporting portals to meet the needs of the enterprise & developer community
- Rationalize multiple regional and divisional architectures and platforms, towards a common global landscape
- Ensure solution designs adhere to B2B architectural standards
- Collaborate with partners on best practice B2B implementations that are mutually beneficial.
- Lead and guide development of an Web Methods based B2B architecture
- Determine if requirements are actionable for B2B team
- Mentor and Coach B2B development resources.
- Resolve difficult design and development issues with API Platform and B2B architectures.
- Pro-actively identify B2B process deficiencies when developers are not able to do so.
- Champion the development of B2B skills at Amex & provide thought leadership on maturing API adoption.
- 15+ years with bachelor's or 12+ with master's
- 12+ years in IT, 8+ years in technical lead role.
- 5+ years of B2B experience with SAP/ARIBA/AP Automation using industry established practices.
- Knowledge of other industry recognized B2B standard message formats (cXML, ebXML, Odette)
XML, as well as, caching technologies such as Memcached, Terracotta or ehCache
- Working knowledge of Database systems (Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Mongo)
Proficient using UML (sequence, state, collaboration, class, use-case models)
- Experience with modern Web UI technologies
- High Tech and commercial payment Industry experience desirable.
- Preferred experience with API gateways such as Apigee and/or Axway and/or distributed API Management open source frameworks (e.g., Netflix Zuul, Google Istio etc)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time