American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager- Client Management
The primary focus of this role is ensuring profitable relationships with key merchant partners. This role will redefine relationships to be more condition-based through understanding the needs of key merchants in a rapidly evolving payments industry environment. Reinforcing core American Express value and strategy against these needs, along with emerging market-place technologies, will be critical. The incumbent will:
• Own the relationship with key merchants in an effort to drive charge volume, grow transactions and increase merchant satisfaction
• Enhance premium value delivery to the accounts to minimize D.R. erosion and enable “value recapture”.
• Drive network enhancement initiatives
• Manage a portfolio of key/potential accounts in market, providing proactive servicing to the most important partners and reactively manage the remainder
• Influence leadership and other levels in the partner organization
• Support in Fraud Prevention / Education
• Work with Central Marketing Organization to support select industry initiatives
• Outperform competition and expand our capabilities
• Own at least 1 industry for analyzing trends, competitor activities and best practices from the basket of managed industry partners (i.e. T&E, E-commerce, Retail, Entertainment etc.)
• Work closely with accounts and the American Express back office teams to ensure that all technical and financial issues are resolved quickly and efficiently.
• Develop and implement targeted marketing campaigns that will both deliver additional card member benefits and drive spend with accounts.
Critical Success Factors
• Portfolio planning and ongoing management of accounts against plan
• Development and implementation of Industry and account-specific strategies
• Develop in-depth understanding of the customer, identify operational issues and champion solutions that positively impact merchant partner satisfaction
• Identify key trends, needs, developments & competitive activities in client industries
• Coordinate support resources including Marketing and Operations liaisons
• Renegotiation of contracts within the portfolio
• Manage an effective pipeline of opportunities, including network enhancement
• Differentiate American Express value and build relationships for success
• Provide support to key AXP activities, E.g. showcase/platform events
• Minimum 4-6 years of experience post MBA with 3 years in a customer facing role.
• Preferred industries include airlines, travel aggregators, payment processors, financial services etc.
• AXP Issuer and Acquirer product knowledge. Prior merchant-facing experience will be a plus.
• Strong influencing, collaboration and relationship-building skills.
• Effective conflict resolution and negotiation skills
• Superior servicing efficiency and customer sensitivity
• Proven experience of Consultative Selling Process
• Knowledge of internet/online and emerging payments will be an advantage
• Post-graduation will be an advantage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time