American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Credit Bust Out Specialist - Dutch Speaker
You’ll delight your customers with unforgettable and unexpected experiences.
Every one of our Credit Specialists represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you will work with, and the Card Members you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
American Express is a global service company, providing Card Members with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our Credit department aims to strike the right balance between enabling spend and taking actions to recover balances, prevent fraud and limit exposure for American Express.
In the Credit Bust Out team, you will join a group of analysts specialising in the detection of first party fraud. This means you will deal with Card Members who have obtained an American Express card with the intention never to repay the company. It will be your job to analyse accounts based on behaviour to determine whether a Card Member is genuine and has intent to pay back American Express.
You will be part of a team that delivers world class results, both for Card Members and the business. In your role you will:
- Use a variety of internal and external risk assessment tools to pre-empt potential high credit loss accounts;
- Assess the risk of false applications;
- Conduct reviews of card accounts to assess company risk by determining linkages to other accounts, previous personal history, patterns of spend and known indicators;
- Take preventative action on accounts in a timely and accurate manner by placing the appropriate blocks on cards;
- Escalate all high value, high risk accounts to the Team Leader or above for early warning purposes;
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
For this role, prior experience in call centres or credit environments is not necessary. More importantly, you must be:
- DUTCH speaking;
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Highly assertive with an accomplished telephone manner;
- Confident taking initiative and making difficult judgement calls;
- Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes;
- Highly self-motivated, results-oriented and positive;
- A team player;
- Well-presented and professional;
- Passionate about American Express and customer service.
Opening Hours Monday to Friday 8:00 – 16:00.
Blue Box Benefits – What’s in it for you?
Our state of the art office in the heart of Brighton provides onsite facilities including a restaurant, coffee bar and gym, designed to put your wellbeing first.
At American Express, you will be part of a thriving and engaged culture where employee engagement and satisfaction ratings consistently place us as one of the best big companies to work for in the UK.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time