American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Business Development - Sales (Austin, TX)
- Gathering and disseminating marketplace and competitive information, coordinating all internal resources necessary to facilitate each sale, and executing proper account set-up and merchant training.
- Successful Mangers of Business Development use their prospecting and cold calling skills to identify, filter and qualify leads to effectively manage a pipeline of prospects. They plan strategically, research and are knowledgeable about the industries and markets they call on. They possess strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, negotiation, oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial acumen is also necessary in order to effectively explain the financial and marketing value of product solutions to close sales.
- Managers of Business Development must also possess the ability to prepare and present formal presentations and use their excellent consultative solution selling skills to ensure long-term relationship building and meet business goals.
- A University Degree and 2 years of successful outside sales experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with PC applications (MS Office, Outlook, Excel, Power Point).
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com an asset.
- Working knowledge of related American Express products and services is considered an asset.
- Residence in the territory is required.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated to work on own in a home office environment.
- Experienced in prospecting for leads.
- Applicant must have a valid driver's license.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time