American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineer - Digital Payments Platform
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
We’re looking for an experienced Java Backend engineer to join a top talent team working on a fast evolving payment platform that is serving tens of millions of customers around the world. Someone who is passionate about shaping the future of commerce; Someone who is obsessive about good design and great code; Someone who can find elegant solutions to hard technical and functional challenges and can work well within and across teams with other bright minds such as himself. Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
Are you up for the challenge?
- 5+ Years of experience, Java, J2EE - Backend
- A BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with security principles, SSL, Cryptography
- Experience building and supporting distributed highly available systems
- REST API design and implementation
- Database - Couchbase
- SOA, Micro-Services
- Reactive - Vertx, RxJava
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
- Good communication skills
- High energy and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Interest in new technologies and tools, industry best practices
- Passion for shipping quality software fast and frequently
- Attention to detail
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time