American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technology Project Manager
Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
Technology Project Manager:
Work collaboratively with the business – including being creative and thinking flexibly
- Have deep understanding & experience of Project Management tools and techniques, Clarity, JIRA, Rally, etc.
- Apply understanding & experience of Agile tools & techniques
- Own the execution of cross-functional development projects from initiation through release, utilizing Agile/Scrum concepts and principles
- Work in partnership with Product Owners, and the core and extended team to create and prioritize the product backlog
- Track iteration progress, actively contributing to design discussions, issue resolution and remove obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met
- Join engineers in reflecting on and improving their delivery capacity
- Use technical acumen to understand and clear roadblocks to delivery
Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across AET engineering teams, infrastructure, Programme and finance
- Engages external teams, sets milestones, tracks against plans, documents actions and agreements and socialises them
- Sets up and coordinates meetings, arranging rooms and ensuring availability of participants.
- Tracks engineering efforts against financial plans and determine team costs versus value delivered
- Breaks down barriers and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and creates an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders, and delivery team to understand Business needs and identify appropriate solutions
- Performs hands-on reviews of product backlog, design, test scripts, and results as needed in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues
- Uses their technical acumen to provide design alternatives, ask probing questions, support team in technical issue resolution
- Tracks and communicates team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Applies judgment and discretion on when to raise issues versus work through issues with the team
- Facilitates discussions and looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Willingness and flexibility to take on additional tasks outside of the TPM/E2E role in support of the team where necessary and ability to switch focus from vertical to horizontal
- Scrum Master experience within B2B domain
- Technical delivery experience and Project Management experience with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility over time
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to specification
- Experience of Delivery Transformation using SAFe
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages especially Informatica, UNIX and Java
- Experience using Rally and Jira agile delivery management platform
- Experience of Loyalty programs/applications required
- Experience of managing Clarity
- Scrum Master certified
- Prince 2 certified
- ASM certified
- SAFe Agilist 4.5 certified
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time