American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Do you want to be involved in the fastest growing area of American Express Travel and Lifestyle Services?
Do international airfares, foreign destinations and 5 star products float your boat?
Do you delight in providing solutions for clients who need your assistance?
From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world.
The digital on-line space is a key and evolving trend in the travel industry. You could be an integral player by joining the TLS On- Line team. We are looking for consultants to join the expanding team of the ANZ American Express Online (ATO) in the Auckland office.
As part of the Travel team, you will have access to some industry leading benefits:
- Work free birthday!
- A supportive team, service oriented environment.
- Subsidised gym memberships and discounted travels.
- Personal card - terms and conditions apply
- Superannuation Scheme
- Southern Cross Health Plan
This position is responsible for providing exceptional travel services to our valued Cardmembers needing assistance with all aspects of their travel requirements or technical issues with their Online booking.
Some responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- Answering customer queries via phone and email and other future channels e.g. click to chat
- Provision of quotes via Online Tool and itineraries in a professional and timely manner.
- Booking air, land and car hire experiences, producing tickets and other travel documents via GDS and Online tool
- Provision of advice and recommendations to Cardmembers to ensure they maximize their benefits.
- Processing International and Domestic tickets; and dealing with amendments and cancellations.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as travel suppliers and other American Express business units and departments
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
The passionate people we are looking for will have :
- At least 12 months experience in a travel consultancy role
- Strong GDS knowledge (Sabre preferred)
- Customer service experience and the ability to build and leverage relationships.
- Knowledge of domestic and international airline routing and fares and ticketing knowledge (Additional training will be provided).
- Knowledge of domestic and international products and destinations (Additional training will be provided).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem solve, be resourceful and research possible solutions.
- Be able to work between 9am - 8pm. Possible weekend work in future.
Most importantly we are looking for :
- A willingness to learn.
- An ability to adapt communication style to the audience, communicate confidently, and be accurate.
- An ability to adapt to change.
- A passion for service.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time