American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
In the Credit Operations team, you will join a group of driven and fun specialists focusing in reviewing customers profile, financial creditability and even creditworthiness to determine enabling spend and Preventing losses. It is our upmost priority that the fine balance in decision making is in the best interest of American Express and our Card Members. So if you are ready to take on challenge and make an impact and be part of successful team and grow your career then we have the right job here.
The successful candidate will be located in AEM Malaysia as part of the Credit Operations (Singapore) Team.
- Handle incoming and outgoing calls for credit related matters
- Make profitable spend decisions based on risk assessment and card member profiles
- Recommend cancellation or suspension of spending privileges where required for card members.
- Effectively negotiate and discuss alternate payment arrangements
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
You will be rewarded with:
- A great place to work – We are in the top 10 most admired companies in the world…And the #1 amongst Financial Services
- Fun at work! A great culture and environment – Game rooms and lounge area are situated in each floor to encourage a fun and happy workplace.
- Competitive Salary – Get paid what you’re worth.
- Career advancement opportunities – Shaping your future & opening both local & cross border opportunities.
- Monthly Incentives – Based on customer experience (not sales), so you get rewarded for doing what you do best.
- Extensive paid 3 Months Training – Giving you the skills and training you need to be a success!
American Express has been recognized and awarded “Aon Hewitt Best Employer Malaysia” for the 7 consecutive time. American Express Malaysia also won 23 prestigious awards from the Contact Center Association of Malaysia. Among these are the following:
Best of the best Contact Center of the Year (Gold)
Best In House Contact Center (Gold)
Best Recruitment & Retention Programme (Gold)
Best In-house Inbound Contact Centre Under 100 Seats (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Professional (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Manager (Gold)
Best Contact Centre Telemarketer (Gold)
Join us and you’ll soon see why.
- Any customer servicing or customer facing background is basic requirement
- Credit, collection, recovery and spend enablement decision making experience would be an added advantage but not essential
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written.
- Additional language such as Mandarin would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills, mature and patience in handling difficult customers.
- Good analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Able to make sound decisions effectively and promptly.
- Must be able to work toward deadlines and handle multiple tasks.
- At a minimum, intermediary capability across standard Microsoft office platform
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time