American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Every one of our Credit Specialists represent the American Express brand. They take work seriously because they are more than just a voice on the phone, they’re problem solvers and relationship builders. The people you will work with, and the Card Members you will care for, value your passion and unique personality as much as we do.
American Express is a global service company, providing Card Members with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our Credit department aims to strike the right balance between enabling spend and taking actions to recover balances, prevent fraud and limit exposure for American Express.
In the Specialised Dunning team, you will be responsible for managing first contact resolution with Card Members who are either overdue or have had a rejected direct debit or cheque payment. These Card Members require re-education on the impact of late or rejected payments. You will provide benefits to those Card Members that pay the amount due, encourage continued use of the card and prevent future occurrence through negotiation and education.
You will be part of a team that delivers world class results, both for Card Members and the business. In your role you will:
- Negotiate for the collection of overdue payments;
- Secure the repayment of due and overdue funds;
- Put in place payment commitments that balance the Card Member’s ability to repay and ongoing account management;
- Uphold the American Express brand image and customer loyalty through outstanding customer service;
- Work to the highest standards with a balanced delivery of both customer experience and shareholder value.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
For this role, prior experience in call centres or credit environments is not necessary. More importantly, you must be:
- An excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills;
- Highly assertive with an accomplished telephone manner;
- Confident taking initiative and making judgement calls;
- Able to use negotiation and relationship management skills to provide win-win outcomes;
- Highly self-motivated, results-oriented and positive;
- A team player;
- Well-presented and professional;
- Passionate about American Express and customer service.
You must be flexible to work in a shift-based role, on a 35 hour per week rota.
Blue Box Benefits – What’s in it for you?
Our state of the art office in the heart of Brighton provides onsite facilities including a restaurant, coffee bar and gym, designed to put your wellbeing first.
At American Express, you will be part of a thriving and engaged culture where employee engagement and satisfaction ratings consistently place us as one of the best big companies to work for in the UK (Glassdoor Best Places to Work, 2017).
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time