American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Team Leader, SBS Acquisition
Do more than create sales. Create value.
Following the strong growth of the SBS product, American Express is expanding SME sales by creating a new acquisition team operating from a regional hub in Manchester who will be responsible for generating new booked charge volume with companies whose turnover is between $0M and $5M.
Through superior sales leadership skills, the Team Leader will be responsible for leading a team of Business Development Managers (BDMs) to deliver against BCV targets and will have overall leadership for this unit.
Working with the Director UK SBS, the Team Leader will be responsible for establishing and executing the team’s acquisition and growth strategy, ensuring quantifiable metrics are in place to measure progress for each BDM and as a collective team.
The Team Leader will lead the team through the acquisition strategy ensuring that all the business enablers are in place to directly support higher levels of productivity and growth, e.g., effective lead generation, risk processes, value proposition, B2B focus, highly effective pipeline management, training and coaching programmers etc. The partnership between the Team Leader and the key business support functions (Implementation, Marketing, Account Development, Operations, Risk, DS&I, GMS) will be critical to the team’s success.
The Team Leader will ensure that all aspects of people leadership and employee engagement are carried out flawlessly, including the implementation and execution of development plans, goal setting, coaching, training, support, feedback and overall talent management, performance management, thereby driving higher levels of employee engagement and a strong sales culture throughout the whole team.
The Team Leader will be an integral member of the UK Sales leadership team driving decision-making and change management as part of the overall UK strategic growth plan.
Additionally, thought leadership, implementing innovation and change and demonstrating strategic thinking are all integral competencies as the Team Leader will be required to contribute to the continued growth and development of the UK Sales organisation.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- The Team Leader will be responsible for the implementation of the SBS growth plan, delivering against BCV targets and leading a large, diverse team.
- Strong leadership skills which create engagement and commitment to drive superior results in an expanding environment.
- Strategic vision and innovative mindset: strong understanding of the Commercial Card business and industry / procurement / financial trends
- A proven strategic thought leader with the ability to translate into actionable plans
- The ability to introduce and champion new processes, tools and training which drive higher employee satisfaction and strong sales results
- Demonstrated sales skills / commercial leadership and the ability to drive sustainable growth
- The gravitas and maturity to manage internally and externally at all levels within a client organisation
- The ability to build strong internal partnerships that support the team through the implementation of improved growth enablers and new ways of working
- Knowledge of risk management fundamentals
- The ability to articulate and coach others on the SBS value proposition
- The ability to analyse and interpret business results and manage performance
- The ability to effect change where necessary through flawless planning, organisation and implementation
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time