American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Business Development - Global Digital Payments
The Global Digital Payments & Partnerships team is a high impact group within Amex Digital Labs at American Express. Our mission is to incubate, deploy & grow new digital products & services with the power to significantly impact payments and redefine Membership on a 2-5 year horizon while continuing to focus on select short-term strategic digital initiatives. We work hard every day to position American Express for success amidst the rapid advances of new disruptive technologies and the shifting landscape of digital payments. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
The Global Digital Payments & Partnerships team is responsible a broad range of strategic initiatives including Amex Express Checkout, Token Service, Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, the Amex bot for Facebook Messenger, the Amex Skill for Amazon Alexa and other new emerging partnerships. Working with enterprise business unit partners the team creates partnerships and products that drive commerce, engagement and deliver value to Card Members and Merchants.
The Director of Business Development for Global Digital Payments will lead the expansion strategy and development efforts for expanding a suite of global digital payment solutions, as well as new digital partnerships. The director will manage a team responsible for sourcing, cultivating, leading key negotiating deal terms and legal contracts, overseeing implementation and supporting go-to-market strategies.
- Lead a team to source, cultivate and implement expansion strategies to expand a suite of global digital payment solutions and identify key strategic partnerships
- Participate in the development of strategies that drive American Express digital payments innovation; develop go-to-market plans and implement long-term strategies for success
- Lead the end-to-end business development processes, including prospecting, new signings, contract negotiations and partner on-boarding by collaborating with cross functional teams across Client Management, Product, Program Management, Technology, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Privacy, Bank, and Compliance.
- Develop and lead a comprehensive global business development discipline to consult and support international markets
- Support the broader Amex Labs with new business development opportunities
- Minimum 7 years of Business Development experience; Technology sales a plus. Experience with digital and alternative payments a plus.
- Must be an outstanding team player and leader with an entrepreneur spirit, analytical thinking and strong financial acumen
- Experience with developing and executing sales strategies, including pipeline management and reporting platforms
- Creative, risk-taking thinker and results-oriented leader willing to challenge the status quo in order to be flexible and effectively compete and differentiate
- Ability to influence and build strong relationships with internal and external partners at all levels. Must be a strong collaborator with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree required
The Director, Business Development – Global Digital Payments can be based out of the American Express Headquarters. Will consider other virtual locations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time