American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Finance Manager - US Consumer Lending
US Consumer Services (USCS) offers a diverse set of products to Cardmembers in the US, ranging from the iconic Charge Cards to consumer travel solutions. The Decision Support Center of Excellence (DSCoE) Planning & Analysis team is responsible for driving strategic analysis of USCS performance and forward-looking expectations for the GCSG and USCS Presidents, Global Head of Lending, and CFO. The Lending Manager role will support a variety of critical financial projects in support of the US Consumer Services organization. The incumbent will have the primary responsibility of developing insightful analytics on business performance to drive profitable growth, in addition to being the subject matter expert on lending forecasting for USCS Finance. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to gain deep knowledge of the Card Issuing business, as well as to gain exposure to and insight from leadership. The successful candidate will have a strategic and analytical mindset, be comfortable collaborating with internal customers, be able to work closely with leaders and have the aptitude to drive change.
The FP&A Lending Manager will perform a key role in providing financial analysis and decision support for the USCS business. This role will gain significant exposure to various senior business and finance leaders across the organization.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Forecast and conduct strategic analysis of consumer accounts receivables, a multi-billion dollar key indicator and important driver of the P&L
- Develop expertise of consumer lending behaviors, including accounts receivables and lending-related revenues; report results on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Play a leading role within a high-performing team; work closely with other Finance teams, Consumer Marketing and Business partners to drive alignment on targets and communicate variances
- Conduct scenario-based analyses illustrating potential outcomes to support senior leaders in their decision-making
- Own and maintain several core USCS models, which are used to enhance financial analytics for the USCS business
- Perform up-to-date deep dives of card member and portfolio levels to help predict customer trends over time
- 4+ years experience in financial services industry; Lending and Card Economics experience required
- Forecasting, Modeling experience; advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Knowledge of AXP Financial systems, including TM1 and Oracle, preferred
- Analytical mindset; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of financial data
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral; experience leading discussions with Senior Leaders and collaborating at all levels of the organization
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and drive to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple complex work streams and work across boundaries
- Capacity to remain calm and flexible under pressure
- Creative thinker who continually seeks opportunities for process improvement and plays a lead role in driving change in the organization every day
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time