American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Development Executive- Inside Sales
American Express- Business Development Executive- Inside Sales
Are you interested in joining the fastest growing division of American Express with uncapped commission earning potential? Do you have a hunter mentality and a drive for success? We will provide all tools necessary to make you successful!
The Business Development Executive is a highly entrepreneurial role responsible for acquisitions and growth within the Small, Medium and Enterprise segment. The role is principally accountable for acquiring high value business owners by consultatively offering the most appropriate program to maximize billings and customer satisfaction through entrenchment.
- Managing end to end sales cycle from new client acquisition to close
- Using online CRM tool (salesforce.com) to source leads, maintain detailed information on all appointments and customer feedback (daily)
- Developing key internal relationships with Risk Management, Commercial Underwriting, New Accounts, Commercial Card Sales and Global Merchant Services
- Conduct market research on relevant developments in target industries (eg, medical, dental, construction, etc.)
- Generating new business opportunities through cold calling, social media channels, referrals, and cross selling
- Tracking and reporting on sales performance including pipeline, acquisition results and market conditions
- Consultative selling experience (proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals) in a cold calling sales environment
- A hunter mentality with the ability to drive sales from the ground up
- Demonstrated strategic ability to link Amex strategic and financial objectives and customer goals.
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships and manage a lead pipeline across the sales cycle
- Excellent oral and written communication, and relationship building abilities
- Ability to influence and negotiate with customers both internally and externally and at all levels
- Excellent problem solving skills
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and time management
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
Be part of an organization that offers a competitive sales compensation plan, continuous training and countless opportunities to progress your career! American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women. If you have a disability accommodations can be made.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time