American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Risk Analyst - Credit Risk Management
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
This position is based in London, UK and will support the consumer card business in Spain & Norway. You will be part of GNICS Risk Management team, which is responsible for credit risk management for the consumer card business.
The position will report to the Head of Risk who is based London. The scope of responsibilities is wide and diverse, offering the candidate a unique and tremendous opportunity for growth and development in this exciting area of the organization.
Sweden business is going through an extremely exciting times, with significant expansion in terms of acquisition and new product launches. This is a great and very timely opportunity to be part of and positively contribute to this growth
- Conducting portoflio analysis to track portfolio performance on monthly basis
- Regularly monitor the key risk metrics like the new accounts approval rate, decline rates, credit loss trends and changes to the credit provision, with a dual objective of identifying oppportunities to manage the credit losses and to grow the business
- You will work closely with the centre of excellence risk teams based in India and New York, for development of credit risk strategies across the customer lifecycle
- Conduct indept analysis to support new product launches
- Work with key business partners in credit operations, acquisition, marketing, compliance and legal
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Degree in quantitative field (statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, economics) is preferred
- Strong programming skills and experience with working on SAS and SQL
- Proven ability to apply quantitative techniques and statistical tools and translate results to business solutions.
- Significant experience working in the analytics function and working on large datasets
- Must possess excellent analytical, relationship management, and communication skills. Must be self-starter with demonstrated ability to work proactively and independently to drive results.
- Experience working in highly cross-functional environments is desirable, as is the flexibility and adaptability to work with tight deadlines and changing priorities.
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time