American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Infrastructure Engineer I
- Recommend and implement automation solutions at AMEX.
- Performance analysis of IT and workload processes to identify efficiencies
- Follow Incident Management, Change Management, SOX and PCI processes
- Available to provide on call support after hours and weekends
- Automation of monitoring, recovery, and alerting processes.
- Application administration for enterprise applications; Ansible, Tower and supporting tools
- Develop, document and implement enterprise standards and procedures
- Help bridge the gap between application development and infrastructure teams.
- Troubleshoot issues that span hardware, software, applications and network.
- Provide a Devops role in infrastructure.
- Identify and drive technical architecture: Make decisions around which services and features need to exist, how they will work and interact with other platform/systems, determine general strategies around availability, consistency, durability, scalability, etc.
- Design and build: Flush out requirements, design new features in detail while also taking the longer-term product roadmap into consideration, then build the stuff you design by yourself or in collaboration with others.
- Identify and set standards: Decide on, set, and promote the system/software standards to be followed by the rest of the group, team, company, etc…
- Raise the engineering bar: Help improve the overall engineering/technical ability of the group, team, company by technical mentoring, conducting design reviews, interviewing and hiring, and establishing other engineering best-practices/processes.
- Collaborate and build relationships: Apply your strong judgment and clout in your day-to-day decisions and interactions with the various teams. Build and leverage strong working relationships across the organization.
- You’ve made or experienced the result of a lot of mistakes over the years and you’ve learned from each of them, and you hate repeating them.
- You've designed and implemented various distributed systems. You’ve made tradeoffs between consistency, availability, durability, complexity, etc.., while taking into account the realities of the network your systems run on.
- You can write, speak, and think about complicated and highly technical problems with uncommon lucidity.
- You have confidence in your ability to tackle most problems by applying a rigorous, disciplined and pragmatic thought process.
- You are delivery focused and adept at finding the balance between technical elegance and solid working software.
- You are passionate about CI/CD practices and you aspire to roll high quality code into production every day.
You can complete assignments without constant direction and oversight
- Expertise and administration with Ansible/Tower
- Prior experience or understanding of Data Center methodologies
- Expertise with Workload Automation distributed systems
- Expertise with Linux operating systems
- Working knowledge of J2EE Applications
- Working knowledge of Application Development workflow and Agile Methods
- Working knowledge of Networking Technologies
- Application administration and support
- Server administration
- Ability to read and write in at least one scripting language (Perl, PowerShell, Bash etc.)
- Experience with at least one Version Control System (Git, Subversion, CVS etc)
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Time management and multi-tasking
- ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence experience a plus
- Knowledge of SOX, PCI and other regulatory standards helpful
- Practical understanding and/or application of the following are a helpful; SOAP/REST, Asynchronous actions, Multi-Threading, Microservices, Caching, Performance Testing, Performance Tuning, Security/Encryption/Decryption, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment, Distributed Systems
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time