American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst, Product Development – Global Messaging and Membership Experiences
Amex Digital Labs is responsible for originating, incubating, and growing promising ideas that set the company up for success in the 2-5 year horizon while continuing to focus on select strategic short-term digital experiences. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation.
The Intelligent Automation and Messaging team within Amex Digital Labs leads the development of intelligent conversational experiences that provide automated servicing support and access to unique membership benefits on demand, 24/7, through any digital channel.
We launched the first American Express App Messaging Experience as a pilot in late 2016, and recently expanded the pilot to all US Card Members. In 2018, we are looking to continue to enhance the in-app experience with new features, and expand the product to International markets. We are looking for an Analyst to play a key part in enabling this growth and ensuring the continued success of the platform.
- Assist the Senior Product Manager with product backlog management and grooming, and support day-to-day liaison with the Messaging engineering team, and EDA Mobile App team.
- Work with both Domestic and International market contacts to define both program-level and product requirements for Mobile Messaging.
- Conduct marketplace and industry research to support benchmarking and competitor analysis for Mobile Messaging, and identify new features/experiences that could compliment the Amex experience.
- Serve as a key advocate and evangelist for Mobile Messaging, and enjoy working with other teams and business functions to explain the value of Messaging, and maintain a backlog of new opportunities across the company.
- Define and analyze metrics, objectives, key results that inform the success of the product.
- Work closely with the Automation/AI team within Amex Digital Labs to identify opportunities to use the Virtual Assistant to reduce and optimize servicing demand in Mobile Messaging.
- Serve as a key point of liaison for key stakeholders including TLS and GSN, ensuring regular operational feedback and alignment.
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis, product management, UX design or engineering
- Project management skills, with experience coordinating meetings and working sessions with other teams to ensure timelines are adhered to, tasks stay on track and dependencies noted.
- Experience working with software developers and engineers, with a strong ability to translate product requirements succinctly and ensure technology deliverables are built with high quality, and per original specification
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and familiarity with data-driven decision making in order to make product decisions and experience improvements to enhance our Messaging experience.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to adverse situations
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies, and an understanding of the importance of iteration and continuous validation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Business Management/Engineering/Design a plus.
- Experience working with consumer facing digital products including mobile, video, social, web.
- Experience with building products that involve back-end integrations and comfortable understanding platform architecture diagrams
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time