American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
The successful candidate will be expected:
- To help structure the team optimally, determine the roles and responsibilities.
- Create working model, achieve productivity improvements and enhance Agile working practices.
- Play and important role in hands-on application design and Drive API and micro services based delivery model.
- Ensure alignment of strategy, architecture, tools/methods with software engineers and architects to execute product roadmaps.
- Create strong partnership within the team, and with the Product Owner.
- Manage and/or lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives.
- Drive innovation and manage product development teams within a fast paced, agile environment.
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics team members.
- Collaborate with a variety to stakeholders within business and technology teams to drive change required to execute product roadmaps and business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases.
- Coach, guide and promote creation of high quality, clearly documented, and compliant deliverables across engineering teams.
- 4+ years of experience managing Agile software engineering teams designing and building software products in a fast paced, complex and dynamic product development environment.
- 10 + Years of extensive hands-on software Engineering experience.
- Expert-level relevant hands-on engineering skills across a broad range of technologies, including deep expertise in the construction of enterprise-grade APIs and Services using state-of-the-art techniques (REST, JSON, XML, etc.) that can be readily consumed through a self-service implementation model (full SDK, test stubs, test data, etc.)
- Experience working with Scrum or Kanban-related tools and concepts (e.g., Jira, CA Agile Central/Rally, Backlog refinement from Epics to User Stories, relative estimating, User Story points, etc.).
- Knowledge CI/CD, system testing, test automation. Experience in Infrastructure, application monitoring, platform stabilization and Investment performance.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time