American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Small Business Development Manager - Manchester
Don’t just work for a market leading global company. Help grow one.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
The SME market segment remains a strong opportunity for outstanding growth, and as such we require Business Development Managers joining our Small Business Sales Team. This is a telephone based role (no face to face client interaction), specifically, providing consultative dialogue to inform and close sales and increase spend of small business Card Members.
Candidates must have a proven track record of driving results in a sales environment and extensive cold-calling experience. Strong communication skills are critical.
Success will be measured by number of new Card Members signed, booked charge volume on new Card Members, effective pipeline management, time management, ability to engage / motivate prospects and leadership skills.
- Winning new business on a mix of warm and cold leads via effective consultative selling – understanding customer needs and offering the most appropriate product and services
- Building and managing your own pipeline, managing sales leads from identification and initial contact through close, carefully tracking and actioning leads across the sales cycle
- Maintain high level of product and service knowledge including product features and benefits, competition in the financial services space, and relevant developments in target industries
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and influence external customers
- Master rapport building, handling objections, and professionalism
- Work with internal teams in New Accounts and Risk Management to provide all relevant information to correctly evaluate applications and assign lines of credit on new accounts
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Telesales experience in a B2B sales environment
- Consultative selling experience and proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals in a sales/cold calling environment
- Demonstrated track record of managing lead pipeline through the sales cycle
- Ability to influence and negotiate with customers both internally and externally and at all levels
- High levels of initiative, self-motivation and time management
- Highly driven with a competitive spirit, strong will to win and passion for selling
- Excellent oral and written communication, relationship building and problem solving abilities
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility is a must with a strong focus on exceeding both individual and team expectations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time