American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Compliance Manager H/F
Fondé en 1850, American Express Company est un acteur majeur du voyage d'affaires et premier émetteur de cartes non bancaires. American Express est un groupe international présent dans le voyage et les services financiers au travers de 5 grandes activités: Cartes pour particuliers et petites entreprises, Cartes et solutions pour grandes entreprises, Réseau de commerçants, Change et Voyages d'Affaires (sous forme de JV). Classée 23ème marque internationale (et 1ère marque financière) reconnue pour sa valeur et sa notoriété au classement Interbrand, American Express compte 53 500 collaborateurs à travers le monde dont 700 à la carte en France.
Avec plus de 20 langues parlées et une dizaine de nationalités différentes dans ses effectifs, la marque est dotée d’une véritable culture de la Diversité avec une direction dédiée. La mission Diversité d’American Express a entre autres pour vocation de faciliter l’intégration professionnelle de personnes en situation de handicap et se tient à la disposition des candidats pour évoquer avec eux leurs éventuels besoins d’accompagnement.
The position is primarily responsible for:
- Data Protection: Supervision of the personal data processing, according to the law and all the relevant provisions, instructions and directives enacted by the Data Protection Authority, implementation in France of the General Data Protection Regulation
- Advertising review process: Roll out of the advertising review process on behalf of compliance & Ethics/Participate to the Advertising review board process on a weekly basis
- Training/Communications: Coordinates, and as necessary, develops and conducts customized training and communication plans to meet legal entity needs
- Implementation of Anti-Corruption activities as directed by Enterprise Compliance and according to local legal requirements
The position will also support the MCO in the following tasks:
- Compliance Program/Policies: Developing and/or assists the business in the development and maintenance of compliance-related policies. Ensures the compliance program is documented in compliance manuals and procedures, and regularly updated and maintained
- Advisory: Advising the business on compliance-related matters, including but not limited to the regulatory implications of new and existing products, services and processes; resolution of compliance-related incidents and gaps; enhancements to the Entity’s compliance framework; and the review/approval of business activities as appropriate
- Compliance Risk Assessment: Designs and conducts/oversees compliance risk assessments to identify and assist the business in mitigating regulatory risks
- Identifying and communicate to the Subsidiary Governance Committee members new or material changes in regulation and laws, which impact the business activities and affairs of the Subsidiary
- Monitoring/Testing: Conducts independent compliance monitoring and testing of business level controls and provides advice for the business to mitigate control gaps
- Regulatory early warning: Ensures, along with the legal function, that there is a process in place to identify changes in relevant legislation, regulatory environment or changes in the business that have compliance – related implications
- Regulatory Relations: Acts as a contact point and a liaison with the regulators (Banking Regulator, Data Privacy Agency, Financial Investigation Unit). Coordinates and, as necessary, manages supervisory and regulatory examinations and audits
- Reporting: Assistance in the preparation of Reports to senior management and the Board/Governance Committee as appropriate, the Compliance plan, performed activities such as results of second line of defense monitoring and testing, compliance-related risks and risk indicators, and the escalation of compliance issues and incidents
- Continuing education; stays current on compliance topics by attending events, seminars and meetings arranged by the professional associations
- Anti Money Laundering: Manages the anti-money laundering compliance program in the market consistent with the American Express Global Anti-Money Laundering Policy, market and/or business specific anti-money laundering programs, policies and procedures and applicable laws, regulations and rules. The Compliance Analyst is one of Anti Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) of the company. In this role the MLRO is responsible for, among other things, transaction monitoring and filing suspicious transactions to the FIU [Financial Intelligence Unit] ( the AML Authority)
- Sanctions: managing the sanctions and PEPs (politically exposed persons) programs consistent with the American Express Global Sanctions and PEPs policies, market and/or business specific sanctions and PEPs programs, policies and procedures and applicable laws, regulations and rules
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Must have regulatory Compliance, controls, risk management, audit experience, with working knowledge of credit card operations
- Relevant experience in implementing emerging legal requirements
- Strong project management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, to converse with management on all levels regarding controls, infrastructure, risk management
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge the status quo. Strong analytical skills to figure out how to use data/metrics we have to measure and monitor the risks in the organization
- Ability to pull together complex and sometimes ambiguous elements of a project or initiative into a cohesive and clear design and communication for actioning by multiple stakeholders, including stakeholders across multiple countries
- Experience in supporting governance work with the Board of Directors and Risk Committees.
- Experience in working with internal audits and regulatory reviews
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Language: French and English
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time