American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Data Analyst
- Query and analyze large sets of data to draw conclusions and make recommendations to the business using statistical models and data mining techniques combined with business and operational knowledge.
- Conducting various analyses and providing thought leadership to identify new ideas that lead to improved efficiency and customer experience in our Inbound Contact Center.
- Support the business with process mapping, identification of process improvements opportunities, feasibility studies, demand management efforts, and defect eliminations for the purposes of generating cost-savings and improving customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with Operations leaders and Project Managers to further develop existing ideas, prioritize them, and implement them.
- Develop cost-benefit analyses and prepare business presentations to share with leadership and gain buy-in.
- Bachelor Degree in Analytics or Process Improvement or Computer Science related is required
- At least 2 years of experience in an analytical role
- Working experience with database includes Microsoft SQL, Teradata, Oracle
- Experience in using advanced data analytics tools to perform analysis and uncover the insights. For example, Python, R or SAS
- Knowledge on big data technology
- A creative and innovative professional with strong analytical background
- Self-starter and naturally curious about finding transformational and customer experience improvement opportunities
- Critical skills include proficiency with analytical and process improvement tools and techniques, strategic thought leadership and execution skills, strong negotiation skills and data mining skills to generate rich insights
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills and the ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment are required
- Master Degree in Analytics or Process Improvement or Computer Science related fields
- Industry Experience as Project/Data Analyst with a track records of pulling , manipulating, processing and developing meaningful insights from large datasets
- Coding proficiency in R or Python
- Understanding or experience with Data Mining and Machine Learning Algorithms
- Query performance tuning skills using SQL
- Experience with using Big Data Technology including Hadoop and Hive
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time