American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director, Global Executive & U.S. Campus Recruitment
American Express (NYSE: AXP) is a global services company that provides customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. As an engine of commerce, American Express offers innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions for individuals and businesses of all sizes.
American Express is built on service and sustained by innovation. Established in 1850 as an express delivery service, American Express has remained a leader for generations by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which we were built—trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment. We continue innovating as we look to drive growth and efficiency, deliver greater value to our merchants, broaden our consumer base and - above all -provide superior customer service.
Today, American Express is the world’s largest global payments network, owning relationships with both Card Members and merchants. We provide products and services to customers around the world, process millions of transactions daily, and drive more than $1 trillion in commerce annually. With a diverse product set and a large, global customer base, the company is the largest payment issuer by spending volume.
The Global Executive & U.S. Campus Recruitment team is responsible for attracting, engaging, assessing and hiring both the executive leaders of today and the future leaders of tomorrow across the enterprise.
Reporting to the VP & Head of Global Executive & U.S. Campus Recruitment team, the Director will be responsible for executive recruitment (VP level and above) strategy and execution for a portfolio of business units and staff groups across the firm globally. In addition, the Director will provide leadership and strategic support to U.S. Campus Recruitment efforts.
The Director will serve as an advisor to senior executives and other stakeholders on the external talent landscape, helping to align talent strategies to key business priorities.
· Create and execute executive recruitment strategies and manage the executive recruiting process across a number of business divisions and functional areas globally
· Develop and maintain close partnerships with senior leaders within business units and functions as well as other stakeholders including HR Business Partner, Compensation, Talent Planning, Employee Relations and Global Mobility teams
· Ensure the delivery of a consistent white-glove executive candidate experience
· Provide thought leadership to the enterprise, bringing best practices, views on the external executive talent
· Qualify, select and manage relationships and performance partnerships with executive search firms, research providers and other external vendors that support delivery and execution of recruitment strategies
· Provide thought leadership and leverage executive relationships to support U.S. campus recruitment efforts
· Promote and enhance the American Express’ employee value proposition to the external market
· Minimum of seven years’ recruitment experience gained within a leading global organization or highly regarded executive search firm
· Proven ability to source, qualify, engage, assess and attract executive candidates
· Deep client service orientation combined with a strong sense of urgency, drive for results and business judgment
· Excellent consultative, communication, collaboration, and influencing skills at the executive level
· Strategic thinker coupled with a hands-on practical approach and the ability to translate ideas into solutions that deliver measurable results
· Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage large-scale, complex initiatives
· Unrelenting commitment to diversity and inclusion
· Experience leading a small team and developing people desired
· Technology recruitment experience desired, Financial Services recruitment experience preferable
· Global or cross-border experience desired
· Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or other graduate degree desired
· Position can be located either in New York City, Phoenix or London
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time