American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. .NET Engineer - Monitoring event correlation and machine learning platform
If you are interested in investing your time and energy into creating innovations that make a difference for a global IT services organization, then join the Enterprise Monitoring, Tooling and Engineering team at American Express. Be a part of the team responsible for introducing and supporting technology that improves the availability, performance and efficiency of American Express’ IT operations.
EMTE seeks a Sr. .NET Engineer with the ideas, knowledge, and strengths to help us deliver a world-class monitoring platform. Using Agile methods and Scrum/Kanban processes, this individual will be responsible for EMTE’s efforts to raise the bar for operational excellence, performance, availability and automation.
Success for this individual’s performance and outcomes will be measured, in part, on the engineer’s ability to:
- Design, produce, support and continuously improve EMTE’s monitoring tools
- Increase the operational stability and efficiency of EMTE’s monitoring platforms
- Create greater visibility of AET performance and availability
- Collaborate with team members, technology partners and other stakeholders to create innovative solutions that achieve personal goals and those set by organizational leaders and the team.
- Identify and drive technical architecture: Make decisions around which services and features need to exist, how they will work and interact with other platform/systems, determine general strategies around availability, consistency, durability, scalability, etc.
- Design and build: Flush out requirements, design new features in detail while also taking the longer-term product roadmap into consideration, then build the stuff you design by yourself or in collaboration with others.
- Identify and set standards: Decide on, set, and promote the system/software standards to be followed by the rest of the group, team, company, etc…
- Raise the engineering bar: Help improve the overall engineering/technical ability of the group, team, company by technical mentoring, conducting design reviews, interviewing and hiring, and establishing other engineering best-practices/processes.
- Collaborate and build relationships: Apply your strong judgment and clout in your day-to-day decisions and interactions with the various teams. Build and leverage strong working relationships across the organization.
- Asynchronous Programming
- Domain Model
- Domain Services
- Advanced Debugging
- Performance Testing
- Performance Tuning
- Visual Studio
- .NET Framework
- Team Foundation Server
- WCF Services
- Service Behaviors
- Nuget Packages
- Windows Services
- Test Driven Development
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Distributed Systems
- Message Oriented Architecture
- Design Patterns
- Agile Delivery Model
- SCRUM methodologies
- You’ve made or experienced the result of a lot of mistakes over the years and you’ve learned from each of them, and you hate repeating them.
- You've designed and implemented various distributed systems. You’ve made tradeoffs between consistency, availability, durability, complexity, etc.., while taking into account the realities of the network your systems run on.
- You can write, speak, and think about complicated and highly technical problems with uncommon lucidity.
- You have confidence in your ability to tackle most problems by applying a rigorous, disciplined and pragmatic thought process.
- You are delivery focused and adept at finding the balance between technical elegance and solid working software.
- You are passionate about CI/CD practices and you aspire to roll high quality code into production every day.
- You can complete assignments without constant direction and oversight.
Education or Equivalent Experience
Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related Quantitative field and 8+ years of progressively responsible experience in design, architecture and implementation and debugging of applications and systems.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time