Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
New Product Development Manager (Japan) - Contractor
Global Corporate Payments: New Product Development Analyst (Japan) – CONTRACT ROLE
American Express is a leading global payments company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. Our Global Corporate Payments organization provides a range of card programs and expense management tools to help small businesses, mid-size companies and large corporations around the world manage almost all the facets of their business spending - from travel and meetings, to everyday office supplies and raw materials.
As the leading issuer of commercial payments programs, our solutions deliver a number of benefits to our corporate customers including increased visibility into their business spending, added control, improved efficiency and cost savings. With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers.
Global Corporate Payments has established a Global Product Development and Operations group to own capabilities, create global consistency, and drive process and platform excellence. As part of this team, we are responsible for new product and platform development Canada & other International regions
As a newly created global team, a new product development manager is required to drive the capability strategy, roadmap and delivery for all GCP products, benefits, and capabilities, supporting the Japan market.
We are seeking a unique individual who excels in a fast paced and ever changing environment. A broad spectrum of skills are required, including strong project management and leveraging market and International relationships, influencing partners to drive results and ability to work with International technology teams both Agile and Waterfall
Drive the creation and delivery of various new offerings (e.g. cards, benefits, services, and capabilities) by:
・Understanding customer needs and identifying creative ways to leverage technological capabilities and/or other creative solutions to meet those needs
・Providing thought leadership during concept development, end-to-end user experience design, user story development and feasibility assessment
・Closely aligning with global product teams on global product roadmaps
・Effectively engaging multiple cross-functional stakeholders to manage the end to end implementation of a new product launch (e.g. Product Management, Technologies, Risk, Compliance, General Counsel's Office, etc.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Prior experience with American Express business, ideally in corporate payments and working knowledge of Technology teams with agile & waterfall product development / delivery; ability to identify and understand customer & business needs and translate them into technology requirements and end to end management
• Be the face of the product development in the market and as such, an ability to manage diverse set of stakeholders. Possess strong communication skills
• Good knowledge of Japan GCP products, processes and systems
• Ability to understand the details of complex processes & process documentation and an orientation toward process improvement and innovation
• Ability to manage end-to-end product development process in a highly disciplined fashion
• Extremely strong project management, collaboration, influencing, communication and presentation skills and must have working knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies
• Creative and innovative thinker who is comfortable with ambiguity and evolving strategies
• Proven track record of managing global matrix relationships – must have a proven track record of navigating ambiguity and ability to adjust his/her communication style to different types
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency, positive attitude and the ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic environment
• The contract role will be Tokyo based reporting to a Leader in the Sydney office
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): フルタイム