American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Network Marketing Executive
You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for driving growth, accelerating coverage and enhancing the value of American Express acceptance to merchants and Cardmembers at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all sizes and while focused on Europe, we also work with commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness. GMS Marketing partners with organizations including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and Global Servicing Network.
This diverse role sits within the Global Merchant Services (GMS) UK marketing organisation, the largest market for GMS in Europe, which is responsible for delivering marketing value to UK merchants to grow revenue, transform coverage, drive value, and improve satisfaction across our Merchant base.
This role is responsible for driving key strategic marketing projects which span across the network across multiple business units. The objective of the role is to drive incremental value to B2B customers via the creation of innovative marketing programs leveraging marketing capabilities at scale and driving digital transformation across B2B whilst helping to drive revenue for the GMS business. Reporting into the Network Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will play a pivotal role in driving the success of network wide marketing projects – including Shop Small, Perception of Coverage activity and Insight Network events.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with local product teams to understand the product strategy and build effective marketing plans and campaigns to help drive business goals
- Lead the management of our Insight Network events, engaging external and internal key stakeholders
- Lead innovation and thought leadership on new ways to connect with B2B customers, via our Insight Network events, including digital and social channels
- Manage the execution of the network wide cross business perception of coverage strategy
- Manage the seamless delivery of network wide marketing campaigns throughout the year
- Responsible for end to end campaign execution including effective targeting, creative development, delivery, campaign analysis and budget management.
- Work across the UK GMS Marketing team to identify new opportunities that deliver marketing efficiencies and drive business results at scale
- Budget campaign management
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Proven experience in end-to-end multi-channel campaign management working with mulitple layers of sign off and stakeholder engagement to get campaigns to market.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to manage campaign delivery (input and approvals) from multiple stakeholders across multiple local and international teams
- Ability to manage and influence stakeholders and teams
- Experience in managing a campaign budget, and ability to effectively manage and control campaign costs effectively
- Customer centric approach, understanding of segmentation and targeting to drive campaign strategy
- Analytical – ability to drive conclusions from previous marketing campaigns to inform future strategies and tactics
- Excellent multi-tasking, prioritisation, and project management skills
- Digital and social marketing preferable
- Merchant marketing preferable
- Degree or equivalent education
Why American Express?
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world including recognition amongst the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work and Glassdoor’s 2017 Best Places to Work. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time