American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Serving as a core member of an engineering team that takes ownership and drives design, development and implementation of software applications
- Writing code and unit tests, working on API specs, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast-track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issue
- 6+ years demonstrated experience in J2EE application development with strong skills in Agile driven development, multi-tier distributed application design, development and testing in an enterprise setting.
- Strong experience in design and development of Java web applications using Spring (Spring Web, tiles, Annotations, JDBC, IOC, Transaction management etc.)
- Thorough understanding of XML and related technologies, JSPs, JSON, Maven and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Strong database knowledge with IBM DB2, Oracle and experience with PL/SQL.
- Proven experience in build and implementation of Java Web Services using SOAP & REST.
- Experience with Linux, RedHat Jboss EAP and cloud infrastructure would be a value add.
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners and deliver the message with confidence.
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and translate them into working software
- Experience in ETL tools Informatica or ab initio a plus.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time