American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager - Pricing
- Partner closely with Client Management team to provide strategic and analytical support on negotiations with large US merchants
- Provide thought leadership and creativity to develop problem-solving strategies, including pricing terms, value exchange levers, trade-offs, to secure optimal economics in contract renegotiations
- Prepare a comprehensive knowledge base about the merchant’s performance, peer set comparison competitor rate analysis and American Express value
- Interact with merchants to explain Amex pricing philosophy, premium competitor rates, sources of value delivered by American Express and pricing proposals
- Evaluate and develop business cases for various merchant pricing scenarios and model P&L impacts
- Identify opportunities to share best practices across deals and streamline the implementation of contract terms
- Strong aptitude for analytics; demonstrated ability to develop sophisticated financial models and draw value-added insights from large amounts of data
- Strategic thought leader with the ability to work independently through unstructured problems and develop clear action plans
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with the ability to influence others in situations where there may be different goals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence. Ability to handle high pressure environment with aggressive deadlines
- Creative thinker who is willing to question traditional ways of doing things and develop new approaches to old challenges
- Strong project management skills with full ownership from analysis through to implementation
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize accordingly
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience required
- MBA, Pricing and GMS experience are assets
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time